Monday, August 14, 2006

PRAYING FOR OUR CHILDREN

We use a "Child for the Day" system that has allowed us to concentrate our prayer time on that one child at least one day a week (that works for us because we have 6 children. . .) That child leads in praying at meals, in our Bible time, and we concentrate on that child (and his family if married) in our prayer time, to pray for that child in depth.

Using Scripture to pray for people has helped my prayers be so much more concrete--I have to do it with my eyes open, but it really keeps my mind and heart more focused on the task!

This morning I prayed for Monday's child and his family according to I Timothy 4:12. That _______________will be an example of the believer in:
1. WORD--speech and written words "The tongue is a little member and boasts great things." James 3:8
2. CONDUCT--right living: in relationships with family, friends, co-workers, authorities
3. SPIRIT--submissive, respectful, teachable, humble
4. LOVE--a self-sacrificing love, laying down life for others; "my life for yours"
5. FAITHFULNESS--committed to keeping commitments; a good worker; integrity
6. PURITY--in thoughts, in actions, sexually

Francis Ridley Havergal frequently prayed: "Prepare them for whatever YOU are preparing for them." We often pray that for our children.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home